Advice for First-Time Homeowners
Buying a home for the first time is exciting, but it can seem overwhelming because there are so many factors to consider. Potential homebuyers must excogitate the price of the home, the mortgage costs, neighborhoods, safety, and more. We posted on our Facebook page asking CENTURY 21 ® Agents for their best advice for first-time homebuyers. - See more at: http://blog.century21.com/2014/11/we-asked-you-answered-advice-for-first-time-homeowners/#sthash.F0GPoz9O.dpuf
Here are seven pieces of advice:
1. “After you get your mortgage approval, sit down and make a list of needs, must haves and wishes, work with a realtor who can find you your dream home.” —Denise F.
2. “Work with an agent that is experienced with first time homebuyers. There is a lot to know and navigate. A good agent is essential to making the transaction as smooth as possible.” —Toni M.
3. “Put together a really good Real Estate Agent, Mortgage Broker, Attorney team that will take the time to explain the entire process to their client. If they can explain it; they can do it.” —Ronald S.
4. “Work with a knowledgeable agent who cares about his or her clients, not just dollar signs. See your banking institution 1st. Ask a lot of questions. Consider the location. Hire a reputable home inspector! Arm yourself with knowledge and really think before you leap since it is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. It is a key in avoiding buyers remorse!” -Cheryl C.
5. “Choose a quality agent, practice self-restraint, look at the quality and condition, not just how pretty it is, know your budget and your comfort level and, for heavens sake, if you are going to listen to everyone else’s opinion besides your agents then they should be with you on every showing, not just the house you want to buy!” -Paul S.
6. “I’m not a realtor but I wish someone would have told me to make practice payments. I jumped from $1500 per month to $2400 per month on my first house. The extra $900 wasn’t the big deal as much as everything else, utilities, yard maintenance, etc. I think making 6 months of increased payments while you are still renting, saving that money and putting it as a down payment would have helped me. I try to tell every person wanting to buy a new home that.” -Darin P.
7. “Pre-approval is step number one. Look at homes in your price range. Nothing worse than falling in love with a home you can’t afford.” -Linda Z.
Choosing a house to call a home is one of the most important decisions people make. Working with a real estate agent can make the home buying or selling process easier and more efficient. We spoke with agents affiliated with the CENTURY 21® brand to find out why you should work with an agent.
What is one reason why a buyer should work with a CENTURY 21 Agent?
-Helen Hunt, CENTURY 21 Homes and Investments: “I can have your home marketed internationally. We are the best real estate brand in the country.”
-Sarah Gravelle, CENTURY 21 Real Estate Center broker in Puget Sound: “Access to resources at our ready – CENTURY 21 Real Estate can assist a client locally or around the world. Free phone apps allows the client to see what is on the market as it changes, drive neighborhoods, search and share listings and questions with their broker.”
-Jerry Tuscano, CENTURY 21 Elite, New Jersey: “Forbuyers we have an easy to use, full featured mobile app that we can share with a buyer in less than a minute and can start being used right away! Complete with a mortgage calculator and area stats and pictures of area where house is located.”
What is one reason why a seller should work with a CENTURY 21 Agent?
-Helen Hunt, CENTURY 21 Homes and Investments: “Professional, trained, serious about your future.”
-Sarah Gravelle, CENTURY 21 Real Estate Center broker in Puget Sound: “All the unmatched tools and forms of communication to expose the seller’s property to the largest market provide great value.”
-Jerry Tuscano: CENTURY 21 Elite, New Jersey “For sellers we have the best Marketing platform at our fingertips that can be also be used on a mobile device. Marketing their property in an instant.”
Make informed decisions faster so that you can start enjoying your new home sooner. CENTURY 21 Agents have the marketing expertise, tools, resources, and research to help you make a house a home.